Welcome to my website.
Ive reduced it right down to a very simple format with few images, to reduce the rampant plagiarism.
If you have seen the flags before in the flesh then you wont need to see lots of glossy images and video as you will already know what they are. But if you havent seen them and would like more information, please go to the Contact page and get in touch, giving as much info as possible about your project.
The About page has a statement and a press interview for Quantas that deals with some autobiography.
I don’t generally get involved with corporate-led or commercial projects, although I am always open to interesting work and ideas- the more creative the better: please see the Projects page for more detail.
The preferred context for the flags is good open natural breezy space.
- “Living Standards” Commissioned by The Tate Gallery, Cornwall – a site-specific touring work , in West Cornwall installed in 3 locations during solar eclipse as part of ‘As Dark as Light”
- Installation art Festival, arranged by St Ives International & Tate Gallery
- “In Flagrante Delicto” – touring installation project (200 flags) at 6 sites in North UK during “Year of Visual Art”
- “Tricolour” – a project Commissioned originally for Royal Crescent, Bath- a large- scale project consisting of 3 colours of banners ( Red White and Gold) used to change environment/atmospheres over 3 weeks, using large scale banners/colour.
- “Oerol” – Terschelling ,Holland –landscape based installation art festival, a large installation of flags along massive beach on island in North Sea,
- Workshops, making/designing flags- with WOMAD Foundation:
- WomAdalaide – Aboriginal flags, collaborative project with 12 Pitjinjatjarra artists from uplands of South Australia
The Flags – UK FESTIVALS
- Womad 1994 – present
- Glastonbury Festival 2003 – present
- Bestival & Camp B. 2005 – present
- Beautiful Days – 2007 – present
- …& many more
The Flags – WORLDWIDE
- Adelaide Australia (womad)
- Acapulco Mexico – (Nachlab )
- New York USA – original Woodstock site – (Mysteryland)
- Colombia – Nachlab flags
- Toronto Canada – Wayhome festival, Bestival
- Perth Oz – Nachlab flags
- Ibiza Spain – Nachlab flags
- Singapore – Gran Prix installations for cultural programme
- Abu Dhabi UAE (womad)
- Santiago, Chile (Mysteryland)
- Pyatigorsk, Russia – (womad)
- Playa Del Carmen Mexico – Nachlab flags
- Perth, Oz – (Heads of Commonwealth Summit)
- Sri Lanka – (womad – Festival of Drumming)
- Shanghai – (Nachlab)
- Taranaki & Aukland – New Zealand (womad)
- Uruguay – (Nachlab)
- Wellington – New Zealand Festival of Arts
The Flags – EUROPEAN FESTIVALS
- Pukkelpop – Belgium
- Mysteryland – Holland
- Womad – Las Palmas, Sicily, Athens, Fuerteventura, Caceres
- London – Nachlab flags
- Rimini Italy – Nachlab flags
- Ibiza Spain – Nachlab flags
- Eden Project- making new flags during formative years for famed eco-centre in Cornwall UK.
- Melbourne Museum – site specific artwork , collaborative, with indigenous artist Glenn Romanis and Shona Watt
- South Bank Centre London. flags along river Thames, collaborative with Shona Watt
- Womad- 1994 til present